By building an attractive portfolio of domain names with the use of one or more than one TLD (top-level domain), you can make it simpler for readers to locate you and more efficiently guide them to the most pertinent content. For example, if you register “mybusiness.com” for your official site, then you might also register “mybusiness.net” for your interior infrastructure, and “mybusiness.tv” for all your video related content and so forth. A number of companies register different editions on a domain-name, for instance, “businessbrandsample.com” or “samplecorporatebrand.com”. Also, it’s a great idea to register some common misspellings of your domain name or your company name. Generally, your domain-name can lead to just one site or to a dissimilar landing web page in your site. This will assist you to get more traffic in case people do not recall your accurate company name or in case they do not spell it right.
As your brand is vital, whether you are securing a recognized business or setting up a new one, it is important for you to safeguard your name. A simple method to secure your online presence is by ensuring that it is registered to you via all its variations like .mobi, .jobs to .tv, .net, .com etc. Do not take the risk that a rival could register your domain name, or that a domain name will not be accessible when you wish to register it.
Expanding the portfolio of your domain name caters 3 major purposes:
- Secure your brand name online simply by booking your domain name with other famous TLDs or sound-alike domain names.
- Lead the visitors to particular content like job searches or videos.
- Make your brand or business easier to locate through direct navigation or search.
Some vital information on top-level domains powered by Verisign is accessible below –
As the opening online identity of the world, a .com domain-name aids to offer businesses the authenticity they look for, and the appreciation they deserve. It caters as a platform for reaching customers, fans and clients. You can make use of your .com to control the web for promoting your brand or talk about your interests, whether global or local.
For professional, business and personal sites with playable content, a .tv domain is said to be the best extension of domain. Show up from the ever-boosting crowd of urls and inform people what to anticipate when visiting your video or website.
Over 15 million capitalists have introduced their ideas on a .net domain as it is considered as truly remarkable and identifiable. When you register the .net domain name for your website, you show the entire world that you are going places, reputable and available.
Approximately half of all registered .cc domains employ languages excluding English. .cc is accessible as a globalized domain, which means that you can register your.cc domain name in over 350 dissimilar languages across the world.
It is the domain name that is created 100% around people. This domain name is all about a personal or individual online identity – plus all that makes an individual unique. This domain name is about hobbies, friends, and family and social media has taken it to another level.
How you can select the Perfect Domain name for Your Domain Portfolio Site
In certain ways, your domain portfolio site is intended to make a powerful first impression. But, before anybody makes it onto your site, they will initially require seeing a domain name that they wish to type into their url bar or click. That is the reason why it is so vital to ensure that you pick the ideal domain name from the beginning to assist yourself to get the increased traffic. Whether you are going to create your website or you are seeking a new domain name for trial, think about the given below tips for finding the best accessible domain name for your specialized site.
Think about building a company or brand name
A number of professionals (particularly freelancers or consultants) build a brand name for their business to live under. Generally a brand name will do a great work of communicating what kind of business you do as compared to your name. Also, others may take your work sincerely if it is done from a reputed company instead of a person, though if you are the sole employee of the company.
Make your domain name easy to spell
If the chosen domain name for your company is easy to spell then of course you should use it as an official domain name – but what will happen when your own name has embarrassed spelling? Well, in this case you should not spell your name in a different way for your domain, however those with particularly awkward names should think about choosing other name options.
Avoid numbers and dashes
Numbers can really make the spellings of your domain name a bit perplexing. Things like employing 4 in place of four or 2 in place of two will generate more chances for your domain name to be spelled wrongly. As for dashes, though they are simpler as compared to numbers, they also make an extra thing that requires being kept in mind regarding your domain. As well as, whenever your domain name is pronounced loudly, people will listen your Dash name rather than your name, which is not right.
Keep your domain name short
Technically the domain name of your business can be equal to 63 characters long, however that does not imply that it should be. On the web, an additional 3-4 seconds spent entering in a web address can look like infinity. A short domain name is quite easy to remember and read, both of which are very important factors towards bringing people to your site.
Check for unanticipated words
Sometimes putting 2 or more than 2 words along with no spaces can cause unexpected words being spelled. For instance, IT Scrap is considered as the best name for a technology reprocessing company, however itscrap.com spells something totally poles apart. Keep in mind that your domain name resides on the web, which is important for indicating inapt mistakes like these.
Select a pertinent top-level domain
Based on the name of your business, it might not be clear what type of work you do. Particularly, this is the case when your domain name is your own name. Even though .com is the clear TDL or top-level domain to consider first, you can also think about choosing one of the other available 400+ TDLs. With options from .pizza, .horse, .wtf to .consulting, .photography, and .design, there has to be a top-level domain that perfectly suits your site. As an additional bonus, those possibilities are much higher of locating an accessible domain name when making use of a new domain extension.
Choose a reputed domain name registrar
Obviously we are a little partial here, however whether you select powerhoster.com or any other domain name service provider, ensure that you select somewhere that will enable you to do anything you want to do with your domain. A few significant things to seek here are –
- free or cheap WHOIS privacy
- A wonderful support team to assist if anything go wrong.
- The domain name is not fixed to a website builder or web hosting package, thus you are capable enough to lead your domain to any service you desire (and switch the services at some point).
How will it appear as an email address?
Basically, a domain portfolio site is all about the professional looks, and having a domain email address like you@yourdomain is an obvious element of that experience. In case you consider your e-mail id to become more significant as compared to your site, then this is particularly the case for you. For example, an events planner company named Heidi Saunders could create an e-mail id with the name of firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips to follow for making your portfolio site stand out
- Make a Tagline – As soon as the users know the owner of the site, they will wish to know about your work. With a suitable domain name, your company’s domain will gracefully tell readers what you do exactly and you should also create a nice tagline. Creating a tagline is the best way to tell what you do exactly. Your tagline must be snappy and short summarizing about your work.
- Make a logo – Generally your logo is the initial thing that a reader sees. Just create an attractive logo for your site and put it at the right place so that readers can identify right away who owns the site.
- Show up Your Skills – Your tagline summarized about your work, however you will wish to dig deeper about your particular skills. You cannot anticipate potential clients or employers to guess your work depending on your portfolio, and you will not wish to leave them doubting whether you’re the correct person or not. Just make it clear. For instance show up your Legal knowledge, Business aptitude, Social awareness, Engineering ability, and Design talent.
- Create a Portfolio – This is typically your own portfolio site, hence your portfolio will decide whether or not your site is interesting. People will wish to see your earlier work to determine whether you are the right person to do the job or not. Your portfolio must include high-quality pictures that are clearly visible to the readers. Add a short explanation for every project, including the various skills that you required for finishing the project. Also, your visitors might be fascinated in the phases of your project development and how you reached to the final result.
- Create About Me page – Allow people to see the person behind the site. Share some personal information about you like your family background, your hobbies and your areas of interests etc. The more information you give, the better your site readers can make a bond and develop trust with you. You can also add your picture in your portfolio. This’ll give your prospect clients or buyers the capability to see who they are doing work with, and it contributes an element of faith. Also, you should show off your recognition and awards as well.
- Contact Forms – This is said to be one of the most vital parts of a portfolio site however it is frequently neglected or hidden. A future client or employer has browsed your site, is overwhelmed with your portfolio and he/she can also notice who you are. They may want to get in touch with you.
- Create a Blog – It is a wonderful idea to create your blog wherein you can mention your area of expertise, where you can tell that you know what you are dealing with. Your blog will definitely aid to promote you as well as stop your site from lying still.