Search for your domain name
.AMSTERDAM Domain Name Only $43.99
There are no restrictions, everyone can register a .AMSTERDAM domain name on a first come, first served basis.
These domain names can have up to 63 characters, with a minimum of 3 characters, and can contain letters (a-z), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 3rd or 4th characters of the domain name). You cannot register domain names with special characters such as & and #.
The mission of the .amsterdam domain name extension is to provide the communities of the city of Amsterdam with a domain space that connects them to their city like never before.
.amsterdam Domain registration time frame is Instant.
Who can register .amsterdam domains?
Anyone can register .amsterdam domain names on a first-come, first-served basis. There are no application fees.
We’ll attempt to auto-renew your .amsterdam domain on its expiration date. We’ll park .amsterdam domain names after the first failed billing attempt. If the domain isn’t renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
One nameserver is required for .amsterdam domains to resolve, and a maximum of 13 nameservers is allowed. DNSSEC, IPv4 and IPv6 are supported.
Contact updates are allowed at any time without a fee, with the exception of First Name, Last Name, and Company Name for Registrant contacts only.
FAQs for .amsterdam
- The domain registration time frame for cpr144449003101 .amsterdam during general availability is Instant.
- Domain Names must:
- have minimum of 1 and a maximum of 63 characters;
- begin with a letter or a number and end with a letter or a number;
- use the English character set and may contain letters (i.e., a-z, A-Z),numbers (i.e. 0-9) and dashes (-) or a combination of these;
- neither begin with, nor end with a dash;
- not contain a dash in the third and fourth positions (e.g. www.ab- -cd.amsterdam); and
- not include a space (e.g. www.ab cd.amsterdam).
- PowerHoster offers hosting and email service for .amsterdam. You can order hosting, email service and SSL certificates at checkout.
- Yes. You can activate Private Registration during the purchase of a new domain.
- In accordance with ICANN, Generic Top Level Domains (gTLD) have a 40 day “Grace period” in which a domain name can be renewed without incurring an additional fee. Its important to note however that your domain will no longer resolve on the day it expires. After the 40 day grace period, there is a 30 day “Redemption Period” in which you can renew your domain name for an additional $150 USD.
- Gemeente Amsterdam manages the registration of domain names with the .amsterdam Top Level Domain.You may visit them here: Gemeente Amsterdam.
- .amsterdam is a top level domain (TLD) regulated by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). You, as a registrant of .amsterdam names or any other ICANN-sponsored names, are bound by the ICANN Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP), Uniform Rapid Suspension System (URS) and Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy (TDRP). You may find information about these policies in the below provided links.
The Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, available at: www.icann.org/en/help/dndr/udrp/policy
The Uniform Rapid Suspension Procedure and Rules, available at: newgtlds.icann.org/en/announcements-and-media/announcement-05mar13-en
The Transfer Dispute Resolution cpr144449003101 Policy, available at: www.icann.org/en/help/dndr/tdrp