Bring more traffic to your website with Search Engine Optimization
- Improve search engine rankings with keyword and suggested topics tool
- Increase traffic to your website with higher rankings
- Easy, one-click website sitemap submission to Google, Yahoo! And Bing
- Track progress with Top 10 SEO Checklist and ranking reports
SEO Basics Series
❏ Keywords and Branding
❏ Content and Link Building
❏ Social Media
❏ Local Search
❏ Additional SEO Factors (SSL, performance, mobile, etc)
❏ Paid Advertising (Adwords, PPC)
Ranking factors are a comparison between sites.
There is no one size fits all SEO.
Use the top 3-5 organic results with the same keywords to as your guide.
● Keywords in title
● Content Length and Quality
● Number of Images per page
● Number of Links per page
● Age of content
Build Links and Drive Traffic
1. Update/Refresh old content with internal links to your new content. The more internal links the better. Does not add to your domain authority.
2. Social media – Share on facebook, linked in, twitter, instagram
3. Promote on blogging networks (Blokube, BizSugar, SocialBuzzClub, Blog Engage, and Triberr).
4. Promote on link directories (Yelp, DMOZ, Better Business Bureau, Google local, and other high quality industry specific link directories).
Using the SEO Checklist Report
The SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Checklist in Search Engine Visibility identifies and verifies the most important elements in your website that help search engines learn about and categorize it, including proper tags, proper navigation, good page content, proper sitemaps, and controlled crawling.
The report analyzes your website and identifies the pages that contain problems for each of the elements. If any issues are reported, Search Engine Visibility provides more info and links to tools for fixing the problems.
To Use the SEO Checklist Report
- Log in to your POWERHOSTER.COM account.
- Click Search Engine Visibility V1.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- Click on each element, and then click Fix Now, View Pages, or Learn More for additional information and help.
Note: Click Fix Now to go to the tool in Search Engine Visibility that can help resolve the issue.
- Once you resolve the problems and publish your updated website, click Refresh Checklist to re-run the report and confirm your fixes.
For more information, and to view examples for each element, see the SEO Reference Guide.
To gauge how your updates impact the report, keep an eye on the progress tracker in your dashboard. The progress percentage is re-calculated every time you scan your website, and it shows the percentage changed from the last scan so you can quickly see if updates are improving your progress.
What is search engine optimization and why should I care?
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving internal and external aspects of a website, or Web page, to increase its organic visibility for search engines. SEO involves editing the website’s HTML code and content to make it more search engine friendly, and then promoting the site to increase its relevance on the Web.
Once search engines are alerted to your website’s presence, they scan the code and content of your site and index the information. Search engines analyze the website content to determine when and where your website displays on a search-engine result page.
The page content (text displaying on a Web page) should be inviting, comprehensive, and — within reasonable limits — contain as many of the site’s keywords as possible.
Some search engines, including Google®, pay particular attention to the number of websites linking to your website when determining the importance and ranking of your site. These external links are called back links.
Why should I care about SEO?
You’ve heard the phrase “Location, location, location!” and its importance when shopping for business real estate. The same applies to the placement of your website on search engine result pages. According to research, the higher your site is listed as a search result, the more traffic you’re going to get.
Quality traffic means increased revenue and more publicity. Search engine traffic can lead to an organization’s success or failure.
The goal of SEO is to land your website in the top few pages of search pdat results page. This is not easy. It takes a lot of time and constant tweaking to increase your search engine rankings.
To assist you with the process, Search Engine Visibility guides you through optimizing your website for search engine inclusion. Search Engine Visibility analyzes your site by applying various rules based on what search engines see when they visit your site. Search Engine Visibility reports the results of the analysis, and suggests measures you can take to improve the optimization of your site.